15 January 2007

tanah rata

My intention had been to continue south after KL passing through Melaka and crossing the border into Singapore. From there I would take a flight to South Africa. Well, I hadn't booked a flight and when the extent of the flooding in the border area became apparent, I figured to jettison the idea. So I would go back north. It could be argued that the ease of travelling in Thailand was a lure too. Oh, and then there's Kanya.

I had always had in mind a trip to the Cameron Highlands so it made sense to stop there en route. As the name suggests it is mountainous region noted for its tea plantations. It would offer a nice cool climate too. The bus journey was full of hairpins and steep climbing. We finally arrived at Tanah Rata which is the tourist town of choice for further exploration.

The rain continued to follow us and it limited our choices in terms of trekking but we managed to book a day long tour that would take in the principal attractions. The tea planations (which are beautiful), butterfly farm, strawberry farms, rose gardens, a Chinese temple and vegetable farms. It was all a bit rushed and some of the 'attractions' were shoddy. Worse was having to listen to the moronic drone of two continuously chattering Americans for the whole day. Christ but it the nearest thing to a non-medically performed lobotomy.

One night was enough as there was nothing to do in the evening and I felt I had seen what I wanted to see.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

keyword service seo sites backlinks backlinks check

9:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home